Thursday, April 14, 2011

A little of This & That

I realize I'm behind on my 52 Challenge. I'm glad I do it for myself and not for my readers (if there are any!)....So much to catch up on. I had the priviledge of going to the mountains for a photo trip several weeks back. The mountains in spring are gorgeous. We spent an afternoon on the Biltmore Estate grounds....the following pictures are a very small sampling of the pictures I took...but are a few of my favorite ones.

 

The garden gate looking towards Pisgah National Forest


 

White Blossoms



Looking toward the Carriage House (now a restaurant)


Lots has been going on. My oldest daughter is in Driver's Ed. She is my child that kept training wheels on her bike until she was 9. Not because she couldn't ride- but because she was so terrified of falling. She makes me nervous because she's so timid. She took her first written test the other day and didn't pass. She had to retake the Road Sign test- so I asked her to bring me her papers and we would study the drivers book and her old test.

I began looking over the written test...and her answers. I must admit I totally laughed out loud....a gut roll of laughter. Scanning her test- her answer beneath the picture of a  "No Right Turn" ....underneath it she wrote "No Right Curving". 


Jakey and I have been best buds. It's amazing how time changes things; instead of me reading him bedtime stories- He's reading to me each night. He has a new found obcession with kickball. It's truely the little things in life that matter. Today we bought a kickball....and you would have thought I bought the moon.


Sometimes I feel like I can't keep up with him. ;) Probably- cuz I can't!

The Other Stuff
  • Gabe will be 18 next month- which is probably why little Jakey is finding himself being smothered. Time really does fly...and I'm clinging to the baby I have left. If your a mother I'm sure you understand
  • I'm excited about an upcoming Mother/Daughter banquet at church.
  • Gabe is going to camp for a whole week next month-I'm earnestly gathering all the stuff he has to bring
  • My SEO business is going well! Word of mouth is an awesome way of advertising!
  •  Were going Easter clothes shopping tonight. Oh joy.


 Shine all your light- and stay out of the No Curving Zone!!!
Cass

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...Rebekah makes me laugh. Good thing you're studying with her. LOL

    I am right there with Jake about liking kickball. That was my favorite when I was a kid.

    Your picture outing sound like it was a lot of fun and I like your pictures. Ok, so someday when I visit again we can go on a road trip to see all the pretty places you have been showing pictures of. :)

    ReplyDelete