Monday, April 18, 2011

Fearington Village

 Yesterday a group of friends and I went to Fearrington Village (pronounced Fair-ington).

We greeted spring with arms wide open and  No jackets! ;)


....And Spring greeted us back with a "warm" hello.




Fearrington Village is home of the Belted Galloway cows. More easily remembered as "Oreo's with Milk" (ha! I just made that up!)


And, I suppose- that this is the place that if the cow eats twice it becomes a "Double Stuft Oreo." LOL.



Leave it to me. With all the views, flowers, scenery and tourist around to photograph.....I'm laying on the ground taking pictures of grass. There was a family picnicing near by and I heard the mother say, "Stay near by, Jeremy, there are too many weirdos in this world." I tried to believe that she wasn't referring to the photographer laying on the wet grass, making a strangely contorted face while staring into the sun....shooing away an Oreo. :)


The day was beautiful. To the right of this frame, inside the fence, there was a meadow of yellow flowers...a virtual Calgon moment waiting to be experienced. I didn't keep it waiting.

Shine All Your Light, Cass

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Cass! Sounds like a fabulous day. I can't wait until spring shows up for a visit here!

    ReplyDelete