Monday, November 15, 2010

Renaissance Festival: A Huzzah-tical Day!

My day spent at the Renaissance Festival was huzzah-tical! (<----that's my own word meaning totally off the charts- GREAT!) Do you know how you can tell that I had such a great day?? Because my pictures are less than great. :( I was really disappointed in the pictures once I got them off the card. Oh well. That just means I was more involved in the overall experiences around me than the technical aspects of taking a picture. And all in all- that's a good thing.

I owe a huge amount of gratitude to my mother for making me my renaissance costume. I regret that we never did slow down enough to get Mark to take my picture. It's totally my fault. However, I will get a picture of me in character taken and posted as a very grateful THANK YOU to my mother. ;)



The first shoppe we really slowed down and paid attention to was the glass shop. I was amazed at the detail and exquisite medieval designs the man was making. It was phenomenal to watch.

I saw this guy several times throughout the day. He was like a "Go-Go Gadget" from the middle ages.


I thoroughly enjoyed the patrons as much as I enjoyed the scheduled shows. This lady and her husband were dressed as fairies with their animatronic shoulder friends.


It's hard to tell whats going on here- but this man had a dragon "hat" on his head. The sticks in his hands made the wings of the dragon appear to be "flying". He's ducking down to say hello to this little girl- who understandably was a little skittish to be nodded at by a flying dragon!


Speaking of dragons...this mans costume was incredible! He and his wife had matching leather dragon costumes....complete with tails, feet and painted faces.


This act is called "Barely Balanced" they were awesome. You're looking at three people balancing at each other and the guy on the top is juggling knives. Notice the girl has a bare foot and one blue boot? That's because she's got a broken foot and had undergone surgery on WEDNESDAY. We saw this act on Saturday morning. Talk about dedicated.



The Queens chocolate shop. Oh my. Chocolate fit for royalty....to be sure. A friend and I split a chocolate and caramel cracker with marshmallows and nuts in it. Oh my. About a million HUZZAH's worth of praise for the concoction...adn I dont even like marshmallows or nuts! LOL!


I shot a bow and arrow for the first time. The first four arrows never left my little booth. LOL. I wasn't "getting it" and then.....Wah-lah....lookey there! I shot this guy right in the face! It was fun!!!


The "royal family" attending the jousting match.


The faeries of the realm come out to play during the Renaissance festival. The faeries are beautiful. This faerie named, Twig doesn't speak. But she dances, plays a flute and happily poses for pictures.....

Twigg had just shared some pixie dust with an elderly, disabled man and he was blowing her kisses and they rolled him away.


As we left this mime was entertaining small children.


He wasn't as impressive as the mime my family and I had encountered in San Francisco, but he was quite entertaining to the little children. ;)

I have many more pictures to share- just not the time to post them....

Until I get more time- Shine all your light and have a Huzzah-tical day! :)

Cass

1 comment:

  1. looks way fun...errr...Huzzah-tical!
    especially that chocolate shop!

    ~down_onthefarm

    ReplyDelete