Thursday, November 11, 2010

May The Force Be WIth You

Sometimes, as a mom I have fantasies delusions. We assume that we mean as much to our children as they mean to us; however, this has been proven blatantly 'not so' to me. Not at all. Not that my children don't love me- or need me- not that we don't have a wonderful bond- but something happened last week that really brought the jolting reality home to me that we're on totally different emotional, fuzzy-wuzzy feeling levels.

The lucky thing for us moms is that our kids have a great way of bringing us back to earth. Sometimes with a jolting thunk.

My little guy, Jake had been gone out of town with his dad from Thursday until Tuesday. I was sooooo excited to see all the kids again and was sooooo happy for them to be home. Jake flew up the sidewalk towards me....it warmed my heart- I bent down to scoop him into my arms- but he kept his break neck speed run.... zooming right past me....yelling out a hasty "hey mom!"....storming into the house and down the hallway he's hollering- "where is my light saber?? I missed it soooooooooooo much."

I closed my eyes. And grinned. Let's be real here. At least I know where I stand. Ha! After he found not one but two of his light sabers he slowed down and talked to me...and he did inform he that he loves me MORE than Obi Wan Kenobi. Boy. Do I feel special. I am more loved than the dude in a brown robe that has the ability to channel an imaginary force. Gee.

Okay, I admit, I felt like channelling a little bit of force upside his blonde little head (only for a sec though) but the only thing I forced was a kiss and a welcome home hug.

The other kids have done similiar things in the past...all kids do. It's just that I was here by myself for several very quiet days on end....and they were with their dad, out of state, having loads of fun- so of course he didn't greet me at the door with the same enthusiasm. Of course.


After all the kids being gone like they were- I wish I had "the force". The kiddos brought back about 5 days worth of laundry from their dads....and I stood in the hallway surrounded by open suitcases full of dirty clothes- some of them wet. (don't know why) and I said, "Beam me up, Scotty!" And Jake-looking quite confused said "What's a Scotty?"

I said- the guy from Star Wars, one of Obi Wan's friends. Jake shook his head. He was positive I was wrong. Well, it turns out I had the wrong nerdy, galactic show in mind- Scotty is from Star Trek- not Star Wars.
Oh well. It's not like I would have been picky about WHICH galactic nerd beamed me up from the laundry pile.

Shine all your light! And, may the force be with you.


Cass






In other news- I've been on plenty of adventures of the last month or so- with several more in store! :)

My friends Robin and Dale and I went to VA to ride the Creeper Trail- here are some pictures from the adventure...sometimes in early October.














If God had wanted to be a big secret, He would not have created babbling brooks and whispering pines.  ~Robert Brault

There is nothing like walking to get the feel of a country.  A fine landscape is like a piece of music; it must be taken at the right tempo.  Even a bicycle goes too fast.  ~Paul Scott Mowrer, The House of Europe

No comments:

Post a Comment