Saturday, April 21, 2018

Arms of Love

I took prom pictures tonight of a girl who died in August.
She was the passenger of an inexperienced driver who over corrected on a country road and caused a horrible wreck. The girl was pronounced dead; life flight was cancelled. I don't know all the details, but because of the perseverence of a parademic- she was revived at the scene of the accident.
I didn't know any of this when I took this picture of her mom hugging her. I didn't realize the full extent of emotion the mom was experiencing when she teared up watching her daughter stand in the golden light of sunset in her prom dress and new shoes.
I can only imagine the experiences they have had makes every chance to create a memory, mark a milestone or share a moment all the sweeter.
There's a powerful story here that's not mine to share- but I can say this: we're all loved with an everlasting love. A true love that just smiles watching us stand in the golden light...a love that not only cherishes the sight of you now, but sees you in the fullness of who you're meant to be. Know that whether you feel it or not- whether you believe it or not- He's there with arms of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment