Thursday, July 15, 2010

Today Was A Big Day


Today was my daughter's 14th birthday. We celebrated in a low key sort of 15 people at Chili's way. Rebekah is my built like a ballerina, creative, artsy violinist who is very caring, shy yet outspoken, blonde bundle of giggles.

Guess what! I have a new job. A part-time one. Yes, you read that right. It's the one thing that was on my priority list- only second to a hole in the head! It's the last thing I NEEEEED....but the doors that open up through this job are too wonderful to pass up.
I'm teaching a basics photography class through a technical college. (YAY!) Yes! I'm very excited about it! They want me to put together more classes for later in the year- classes using my own syllabus and plans. I spent the better part of the day being "employed" at the college and getting all my ducks in a row, meeting the staff and brain storming with the adminstrator of continuing education classes. I'm very excited (oh, I already said that!) about the classes and the opportunities.

Anyhow, I'm sleepy....got to do homework for the course I'm TAKING...and prepare for the class I'm TEACHING. :)

Shine All Your Light,
Cass

4 comments:

  1. So, so excited for you! And glad you get to do something that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter!! And congrats on your new position - what a fun way to earn money, doing what you love. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness......she has grown up so much! She's beautiful, like her Momma!
    I can't believe you got another job....you are an amzing woman, Cas! Congratulations!
    It's so nice to see a post from you again. I've missed reading them!
    (((hugs)))
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday to your Rebekah!

    And...I would LOVE to be in your class! I'm thinking that the commute won't work out though. Blessings in this new venture of HIS and yours!

    love!

    ReplyDelete