Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shamrock On!

Aye, my lads and lassies tis' been a long while since we've crossed paths! Today is the day of Irish blessings, corned beef and cabbage, green rivers, shamrocks, bag pipes and lots and lots of funny hats. (trust me on that, LOTS of funny hats) The kids and I had a great day in downtown GREENSboro today...and took lots of "GREEN" pictures of  random green greatness.




We spent our day visiting vintage shops of all kinds...its our latest (and yet oldest) obcession....meaning, we've rediscovered our love for "vintage" things.


Being in "GREENSboro" you can imagine there is much GREEN to behold....



There was a parade...but we chose to spend our time in the shops, meeting friendly shop owners and mulling over books that smell like moth balls and old women. We couldn't have been happier.




Well, at least some of us couldn't have been happier....
 Why should you never iron a 4-leaf clover? You don't want to press your luck. 



A live band was setting up...and the party revelers were moving in....they were festive, with their sparkly bowties and moss-green hair :)


This is my daughter Sarah.....I love the ribbon in her hair...




My daughter, Kiddles :)



Hope your St. Patty's Day was as fun filled and grandly green as ours! :)
May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door. 


-Shine!! Cass






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a visit from a Leprechaun and he turned our milk green!!! Sneaky little things! Then we watched a Leprechaun movie and finished the night off with supper at a friend's house with the normal corned beef & cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I wore green today..I usually forget but before I got dressed this morning I actually saw people posting about it so it reminded me :) Everything around here has definitely turned green, I love it!. The grass has gotten so much rain, just walking on it will give you green feet :)

    ReplyDelete