Thursday, September 15, 2011

We're Going To The Zoo, Zoo, Zoo

If you have kids- you probably know the Raffi song, We're Going To The Zoo. I can't help but sing it E.V.E.R.Y.T.I.M.E. we go to the zoo, zoo, zoo. ;)Last Saturday we went to the zoo (zoo, zoo...and you can come too, too, too!). I was being especially lazy Saturday morning and Rebekah and Jake we're pulling, prodding and pretty much driving me nutso until I agreed to get dressed and go. I was especially delighted when we called my eldest son Gabe and he agreed to go with us!! Yay! :)






Sarah with her hand on top of a polar bear prints actual size.


With as many trips as we've made to the zoo, we've never had the opportunity to see the zoo keepers give the elephants a bath. This is ARTY the bull elephant. Arty is trained to obey hand signals. The zookeeper instructs him to turn around, come close, lift a foot (to be scrubbed and nails clipped) and to back up with simple hand motions. It was really neat! She even had him lift his truck so that they could clean the holes where his tusks used to be.


Arty awaiting a pedicure.


Kids on the tram. All four of them. Happy sigh. :)


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day! ALL FOUR OF THEM....together....it doesn't get any better than that, does it? How fun! I'm so glad you all got to do that. Loved Arty the Elephant story. :) Very cool!

    ReplyDelete