Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Vanity of Reflections


The picture above is one of the shots I was able to capture on Sunday afternoon. I love the reflections on the water; an exact opposite of what's really there. Do you ever feel like life is that way? The world sees a slightly distorted upside down, vantity of what really is. Their world that they put so much stock and emphasis on is but a reflection that will ripple at the least amount of wind or storm. Nothing solid or concrete- just a hazy reflection of the real joy that they could grasp if they were to walk upright with the Lord.
I hope everyone else is experiencing the same wonderful spring-like weather us N. Carolinian's are having! The kiddos and I are building a fire and roasting hotdogs outside for dinner. I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures to come!

Shine All Your Light, Cass

4 comments:

  1. Great post. You are right. Most people live in a mere reflection of reality. They exist, but don't really live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo is beautiful...the thoughts that you shared even more so...
    I like the walk upright part.

    And I thought of you, again, the other Sunday as I was singing in church! "Shine your light to let the whole world see..."

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, life's a little more concrete. grin. Happy Sunday, Sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey There Sweet Friend, Yes, the world so sees things in a twisted manner...So many tromp on the real flowers as they grasp for the plastic.

    A beautiful shot...I've been busy doing some peaceful sewing projects and so enjoying that lately, just being quiet. Hoping all is well your way, God is Our Redeemer truly so. : ) May this lovely spring be a reminder of our Lord and Savior Jesus.

    Love, Amelia

    ReplyDelete