Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook Post


A recent picture I took in Greensboro

I am Thinking: I should be working- not blogging. :)



I am Thankful: For provision....from the most unlikely of sources. God truely works in mysterious ways.



From the Kitchen: I am slowly thumbing through my new cookbook by Ree Drummon called "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" I love the pictures, stories, quotes and ....Oh yes, the recipes! :)



I am Wearing: flannel pants and fleece hoodie...and I'm still cold!



I am Creating: A grocery list. bleck.



I am Going: Grocery shopping. Double bleck.



I am Reading: Marriage on the Rock by Jimmy Evans.



I am Hoping: To go pick up my new ballhead tripod mount tonight!! Oh yay!!!



I am Hearing: Jake humming and grunting as he builds a blanket tent.



Something You May Find ONLY at My House: Lady Templeton our pet tortoise is hibernating in my daughters bedroom with a decorated shell.


From my Journal: A little quip from my last entry, "Words that were like cold water on a dreamers pillow. I feel like a Jane Austen novel coming to life."




From my Heart: My heart is ready to let go and move on with my life- and yet everyday- my mind has to remind my heart that we're moving forward.

From my Bible: I have found such solace in Psalms 144:8 recently.

5 comments:

  1. Hi cutie. : ) I've tried to find a "follow" section here, do you not have that? I've been following you on my reader though for several months... tee-hee.

    Let me know if I'm overlooking it!

    Thanks hunk xxxooo ~Amelia ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH no. That should read "hun" not "hunk"...Oh dear me, just like old days right? LOL Just call me the typo queen. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cass, I'm so happy to know you are on blogspot! Loved your post.....and especially your quotes from your journal.
    You are so precious to me....and someone that I look up to & admire. You have walked through your valley with such grace and dignity. May God bless you richly as you continue to honor Him and seek His will for your life.
    LOVE AND ((((HUGS))) to you!
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Cass~ i didn't realize you had a new blog! so THIS is where you've been. :) are you still keeping xanga? i did read your recent post there.. and meant to get back to comment.

    i can't imagine how hard it was to finally come to that decision, but i can see the "relief" too. i so admire your bravery - and though i can see you shaking your head and saying, "no, i'm not." :) trust me.. you are. and i so appreciate your transparency and realness that has been an encouragement to me as i face difficult things in my own life~

    love & hugs.

    amber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Sunday to you! Yes, there are no decorated turtles at my house. Just a bunch of chocolate chip cookies asking to be eaten.

    ReplyDelete