Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I is Me.

About a year ago I was going to have a small sign made for my kitchen that said, "Country Girl at Heart". My sister asked Who is that for?? (lol) She laughed when I told her it was me. She wasn't being mean...she just looked at me like my body was possessed by another being.

Then- I post on FB that I would like to build a chicken coop and have chickens. BOTH of my sisters chime in regarding how this notion seems so UNLIKE me.

So, I'll keep my secret desire for a pet lamb to myself for awhile. ;)

Yes, I admit...you are more likely to come to my house and find me working on a blog, downloading a new texture filter for Photoshop or scrolling through my phone at FB updates. LOL. However- that doesn't reallllly define me. Not really. Right? Just because that's what I do- doesn't meant that's who I am? Okay. That wasn't a good argument. (sigh)



I've had lots of changes in my life. Most recently, I've moved farther into the country and although I am living squarely between two houses-both within shouting distance.. my property goes wayyyyyyyy back....like to my sisters house. (grin)

My little "trial gardening" stint has gone well....and next Spring I plan on enlarging the plot from 3 little rows to 3 BIG rows. :) I'm pacing myself.

So, although you see me as a blogging geek- wearing Lisa Loeb glasses, fully integrated and wireless, app loving, i-pod wearing girl...in my heart I love red rainboots...and potting sheds and the idea of having a chicken coop...with a window box. It may not last long....but at least I'll know that I tried. :)

Back to the case inpoint: I am me. I may not fit in a box- (in fact, I know I don't-cuz, Jakey and I were playing hide and seek...and....well, that's another blog) and I may not subscribe to Farmer's Almanac- and I don't fore-see me growing acre's of organic cotton or becoming a working farm hand ...
There's that little part of me that wants an adventure outside of the office... to dig, watch things grow and maybe- just maybe one day get outside and collect eggs in the wee morning hours...right after I had a grande caffe' vanilla light latte and have updated my Facebook status. :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally, totally understand! I am this way, too. I love my bubble baths and minivan and all my comforts, but secretly, I want to hike the Appalachian Trail for a month or two. Today, I'm just hiking in the State Game Lands.

    ReplyDelete