Monday, June 22, 2009




When I had my first child 16 years ago my mother was amazed at the technology available to new mothers...everything from ultrasounds, battery operated swings,dripless sippy cups to premedicated nursing pads.

Well, I now know my mother felt at the advancements....12 years later I had my fourth child and walked down the baby store aisles in amazement at the progression of technology in such a short order of time; Bedside video monitors, battery operated chewy toys and then there was the new "womb monitor" which I was so excited to try.
I loved the idea of being able to put the headphones on my older children and let them hear and feel the baby. The children anticipated hearing hic-cups, kicks, movements and a heartbeat....unfortunately all we ever heard were odd swishy noises....never got to hear his heartbeat (even at full term)...it was a little disappointing.
The PRO is that the kids had great fun putting the monitors on their own stomachs and even ingeniosly discovered that you could put the monitor on the wall and hear conversations through the walls.....
The monitors were fun to have- but not for the purpose we had intended. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment